CLICK ON ANY PICTURE TO ENLARGE!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Peachy Keen Challenge #21

Wow! does Peachy Keen have a challenge this time!!!!
  • Project can be in any format (with the exception of digital art, hybrid projects are totally ok!)
  • Must contain a vintage item or be inspired by something vintage. The vintage item(s) can be a postcard, old love letter (I love those), an old button, an aged photo – whatever peaks your interest!
  • Must contain at least one stamped image
The "twist" is that this challenge will be judged! The designers, Kathy, and I will judge the entries based on the following criteria:

      Interpretation, Quality of work and Original creativity in the project 

Lace and silk are from my MIL's wedding dress from 57 year ago, I think that would be Vintage,
the ribbon I found in a seam of her dress and cut it close to the edge, it did ravel a bit, But I expected it to happen.
The digi stamp is from a Hallmark Card Studio program I have,  I never thought I would cut around anything  by hand  but for the look I did around the set of roses inside. I think it added the right touch!
My Cricut I used SB for the oval around the girl, Jasmine corners @ 6", 5 3/4" and 5 1/4"
this deep red paper is Wausau paper
the pearl MOM is Crystal stickers alphabet I picked up at Michael's
I inked around the lace edges to give it a more aged look 
glitter pen on the flowers,,,one thing I do remember as a little girl where the cards w/ the glitter!
Made it into a 5x8 pedestal card for my MIL for her BD or Mother's day. 
 
  
  
  
  
Well this is it! I had a great time with this challenge! It took me a place I never would have thought of on my own,  I think My Mother-In-Law will like it also.
Thanks for Looking!

5 comments:

  1. WOW, what a BEAUTIFUL card!! It is gorgeous! I love EVERYTHING about it! GREAT job with the challenge!
    Thanks for joining us @ Peachy Keen!
    hugs,
    Emma:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow carol, I think your Mother -in-Law will more than like it...she'll LOVE it!
    It's fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck!
    Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Carol! Very well thought out! She will love it for sure!! I know I do!
    Good luck and thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol. Thank you for your comment, and i love your card it`s beautiful. Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! this is GORGEOUS!!! you knocked it out of the park! THANKS so much for playing along with us at PKS!!!

    nikki

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment!!!