CLICK ON ANY PICTURE TO ENLARGE!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

cute story with this card

good morning to all,,    a bat flying?  for your vacation theme you might be asking yourself????
we don't get away much on a dairy farm, it is more getting off for a milking here and there.
For our grandson Eli's birthday I do manage to get my husband to take a little time off, My daughter and s-i-l. drive about half way between Coleraine MN and Wausau WI  and go camping  the week of Eli"s bd, and we meet up with them there,,getting to the bat, my husband wanted to use the GPS to get us there, well the darn thing took us the back roads through small towns and 20miles out of the way, good thing I printed out the direction Sarah sent us....and then when we got to a sign saying Chippewa campgrounds this way, he wanted me to go straight (I was driving)   but I turned anyway because I did not want to go another mile out of the way, plus I knew there would be outhouses there.    I was right on both count, they were there with a outhouse close by.
I think a bat with a compass would have gotten us there just as good....
I can laugh at it now but at the time I was not too happy!
 I used campin' critters for the bat,  PAF for the tree tops, and bat is on a wobble

Over at BBTB 2 Carole has this challenge
  Since we are in the summer months, I thought that a good theme for our challenge to be a vacation time.

and over at Paper Playtime...
 Our current challenge is:
For Ch # 82
Theme: Use POLKA DOTS
PLUS add a SENTIMENT


16 comments:

  1. first of all I love your polka dot bat with compass, and your story gave me a wonderful morning giggle, do you think there is a gps conspiracy to make us all crazy? Thanks for joining us at BBTB2, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I love this. The papers you used are perfect, and I love the tops of the trees on your card. GREAT job!! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute story! Men! eh? Technology isn't always "all that". LOL LOVE the bat. Too cute in polka dots. Thanks so much for sharing with BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol that is a funny story, and your bat with a compass is so cute. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny, your story, not your card. Your card is awesome, especially the polka dot bat. My husband and I are full time campers and live in our RV, but only in campgrounds with full hookups and modern amenities. No way am I using an outhouse. LOL Thanks for playing along at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that makes for a memorable vacation. I love that polka dot bat, he's so cute.I love your story too. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute polka dot bat! What a fun way to remember a vacation! Thanks for sharing your story and cute card at BBTB2!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your story, gave me giggles. Love that polka dotted bat. Thanks for sharing your card with us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who would a thunk a bat for a vacation card? Love the bat, the compass and your story. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way way too cute lol...luv this card..the bat is so cute..as long as it stays on the card and not venture here...have joined your blog as a new follower/member...luv aussie annie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your dotty wobbly bat and loved your story too!
    Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh I am so loving your poka dot bat with his little compass! Your story was so funny and I can so relate the the GPS taking you place in a weird way. lol I can also relate to not getting off the farm, we don't have dairy cows, but steers instead and it is hard getting DH off the farm to go anywhere because of all the work a farm entails. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. your story made me smile and to make a matching card, how cute! i love that bat :) thanks so much for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course who wouldn't love that bat...Cute...Thanks for. Joining us at BBTB.....Krista

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a cute story, Love the Bat and the papers you used, Love it!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a great card to o with your story! Love it! Thanks somuch for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment!!!