CLICK ON ANY PICTURE TO ENLARGE!

Friday, May 27, 2011

My first twisted easel card

good morning all, this twisted easel card I found at Cardz TV, Mary did a great tutorial on how to make this card, she got the instructions from margaretscrafts on youtube under twisted easel cards.
I watched them both and they are both very clear on how to...
I made this card a 4 1/2 x 6 1/4 so I had to do a little figuring on my own
card base  4 1/2 x 10 3/4 ,,,making the fold line @ 6 1/4
and the mat size is 4 1/2 x 6 1/4
every thing is the same after the size change
this is a thank you card for my sister who hosted a sisters time for the 3 of us. it was a much needed time away from the farm that I was excited to do. It rained Wednesday, but did not stop us from going out for lunch and a quick stop at Hobby Lobby,  a great evening dinner with her kids and grandchildren and my daughter and grandchildren that live in Appleton also. Thursday was dry but cool so we spent the morning chatting, lunch and then around 1:00 the marching band from the high school down the block was practicing for a parade this weekend, so we took a little walk to watch them, It was a small group but boy they where good...here is the card...

for the sentiment I started with a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 dark purple
cut it on an angel from the top left tip to  1 3/8 inch from the bottom on the right
I then ended up trimming off 1/2 inch off the bottom and the right side to get a better fit
for the lighter paper I made the same cut except I trimmed a bit more off the bottom and the right side.
ONLY TRIM AWAY  from the bottom and the right to keep the shape correct!!!!

1 comment:

  1. great job! I too tried this card after watchingMary's video!! Hugs! Dina

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment!!!