Hi all, this is for a good friend of mine, for this card I wanted lots of layers and for it to be square, and it had to have a cross. I started by cutting out all of the squares and inking and lots of measuring to make sure things looked right, but it just did not have the right pop to it, so I went to Jeannies blog, looked up under weddings and much to my surprise she had a layered card...find it here...
http://aplaceformycards.blogspot.com/2009/06/third-picture-of-this-post-shows.html
all I had to do to mine was add the swirls which really made a huge difference ( I was so glad to see it matched the cross) and tilt the square under the cross.
I also pop dotted 3 layers and did lots of inking on this card...
the inside
card is 5 1/2" square
mat 5 1/4 square
small squares 2 3/8 white print 2 1/8
med square white 4", mat 3 3/4, swirls 3 1/2"
behind cross white 2 3/4, & 2 1/2"
cross is 2 1/2", 2 layers, shadow and swirls in white glitter paper
2 layers shift base and black out in blue
papers are from K & Co. floral dreams
glitter paper from linen closet card stack stack from DCWV


This is just beautiful, Carol!!! I love all the layers and the soft colors ! I hope it's warming up and Spring will arrive for y'all soon!
ReplyDeletexoxo Joy