Oh My, I normally don't have a story to tell about a card, but this one I do!
My Daughter Britt, locked my keys inside the trunk of the car Thurs. after school, I was at her volleyball game and her BD was on Sat. (today). I told her there was a treat in the trunk for her team and she could go get it. when she returned I asked for my keys and she had a surprised look on her face when they where not in her hand. "Oh, they must be in the trunk!" Thinking the spare key was at home, I called my dad who lives a few blocks from school if he could take me home for the spare key. Get Home and the key is not there....remember Carol! I put it in my purse! and my purse is in the trunk! and no more keys.(it was in my purse, because we went to CO to visit our daughter and son-in-law and brought it just in case it was needed)
So I called non-emergency police and asked if they could unlock it? Since it is an electric unlock system, they could not. They told me my best bet was to call a lock smith or a tow truck. Herb told me no lock smith they would cost too much and that he would think about it and get to it after chores. So my dad took me back to school to pick Britt up, (by the way they won all 3 games) and took us back home. Good thing we are only 3 miles from school. So I started thinking, Why would the officer tell me about a tow truck? who do I know that owns a service station, a tow truck!!! My daughters father in law, a good friend of our also!
Jeff to the rescue..... he has this tool that can gently pry the door so he can get this fishing pole looking thing to get to the door opener. THEN the alarm goes off and since we have the button trunk opener in the door. push that and get the keys out of the trunk and shut the alarm off....What a night!
We were talking about his hunting (the front of the card) and how the week before he was hit by a woman who ran a red stop light ( the inside of the card) I also put a $25 gift card to Fleet Farm in it for a thank you!
Okie challenge, deer AK, trees DC, truck EDPD, oval inside GBS, band-aid IA
THANKS FOR LOOKING!


Great cards! Love the bandage on the truck LOL
ReplyDelete